Would you like to work with us?
AA **** Stars. VISIT BRITAIN **** and Silver Award . AA Rosette Awards for 9 years
The Hotel has achieved Greeen Tourism – SILVER award status and is an active accredited member of THE CARBON TRUST AND CONSIDERATE HOTELS.
The Dean Court has one of the friendliest working atmospheres and professional teams.
Every member of staff is recognised and appreciated, enabling them to give of their best for their own professional pride. Management style is hands-on thus never far from giving actual support whenever it’s needed.
The Hotel has been the first in York to gain accreditation from EXCELLENCE THROUGH PEOPLE – a highly regarded scheme that recognises best Personnel practices in the way Hospitality profession.
The hotel offers ongoing training, not necessarily limited to one’s specific position. There are regular Personal Development and Appraisal Sessions and opportunities for training in all Departments of Hotel and Restaurant.
Amongst Staff Benefits Are:
- Staff members are welcome to bring a guest to Lunch or Dinner in D.C.H (wine included).
- Discounted rates are available at all other BEST WESTERN Hotels through the FRIENDS AND FAMILY scheme.
- Discounts at many businesses, bars, restaurants and tourist attractions in the city through schemes run by VISIT YORK, .
- Uniform, Meals on duty.
For a list of current vacancies please see below:
- Food and Beverage
We are currently recruiting full time time Food and Beverage Associates to join our experienced restaurant team.
DCH, our restaurant serves locally sourced, freshly prepared food. Working with seasonal ingredients, our Chefs have created a great menu served alongside good quality wines, beers and cocktails, all to be enjoyed with views of York Minster. We take a relaxed professional approach to service; our belief is that people will perform better if they are not stressing about standards but are genuinely kind and caring.
The position requires an appetite to deliver a high level of service through a relaxed and professional approach and to fully manage your area, being aware of your guests always. You must be committed to gaining exceptional product knowledge of both food and beverage, using these to guide the guests through their experience.
F&B Staff - Full Time - Job Description
- Have a passion for service and a desire to deliver outstanding standards
- Pass on your excellent product knowledge of all food and beverage to guests
- Work as part of the team, help your fellow team members where necessary.
- Provide a warm welcome for guests
- Provide an excellent customer service that meets and exceeds guest’s expectations
- Serve at the table, take orders, handle payments
- Ensure the food service area is left clean and tidy once all the guests have left
- Previous experience preferred, but not essential
- Fully conversant in English language
- Positive attitude
- Fully flexible and committed
Salary: NMW plus tips, 28 days holiday a year (pro rata for part-time staff), meals on duty
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
How to apply
Please email your CV alongside a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
or post your application to the hotel