- We like to think that as a business we always try “do the right thing”, we acknowledge our guests, suppliers, team members and our corporate responsibility – CSR. We value long-term relationships over short-term gains and always, always, tell the truth
- We try to contribute to our local economy. Our net may be cast internationally, but for much of The Dean Court's history we are, and always will be, firmly rooted in York. We are always aware of the obligations we owe to our local community and the charities we support.
- We talk to people – or, if you like – we’ve networked. Sometimes it would have been easier to stay in the office, sometimes it would have been easier to go straight home. But we make the effort: you never know who you’ll be talking to or sitting next to and what they can bring to the business directly or in directly.
- We trust our suppliers, work with them, pay them on time – and in turn, they support us.
- We value our staff and I hope we reward them appropriately. Our staff are ambassadors for the DCH: they may be at work for 40 hours a week, but they’re representing us in the community 24/7.