Would you like to work with us?
Recent winner -YORKSHIRE TOURIST BOARD’S Hotel of the Year
The BEST WESTERN PLUS Dean Court Hotel
AA **** Stars. VISIT BRITAIN **** and Silver Award . AA Rosettes Awards for 9 years.
The Hotel has achieved Greeen Tourism – SILVER award status (2012) and is an active accredited member of THE CARBON TRUST AND CONSIDERATE HOTELS. VOTED YORKSHIRE TOURIST BOARD’S WHITE ROSE HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2009. VOTED BEST WESTERN’S North East Region HOTEL OF THE YEAR 2009.
The Dean Court has one of the friendliest working atmospheres and professional teams.
Every member of staff is recognised and appreciated, enabling them to give of their best for their own professional pride. Management style is hands-on thus never far from giving actual support whenever it’s needed.
The Hotel has been the first in York to gain accreditation from EXCELLENCE THROUGH PEOPLE – a highly regarded scheme that recognises best Personnel practices in the way Hospitality profession.
The hotel offers ongoing training, not necessarily limited to one’s specific position.There are regular Personal Development and Appraisal Sessions and opportunities for training in all Depts of Hotel and Restaurant.
Amongst STAFF BENEFITS are:
- Staff members are welcome to bring a guest to Lunch or Dinner in D.C.H (wine included)and also in The Court Cafe-Bistro once a year, for free. (Other friends can come too at reduced rates).
- Discounted rates are available at all other BEST WESTERN Hotels through the FRIENDS AND FAMILY scheme.
- Discounts at many businesses, bars, restaurants and tourist attractions in the city through schemes run by VISIT YORK, CHAMBER OF COMMERCE and others.
- Uniform, Meals on duty and Staff House accommodation available.
- Assistance, for safety/security, for female staff members with early morning and late night Transport.
For a list of current vacancies please visit: www.yorkhospitality.co.uk